You already know and often bitch about it in your blog, it’s part of the entitlement culture. The part where you’re in a competing game and we all get trophies or some sort of recognition despite the fact that you should get jack shit for losing. Well that’s the world, because we rather not hurt someone have their feelings hurt, than just let people know that losing is a thing.
Well that’s just for normal people. For something else like.. say… the Academy Awards. They have the nomination ceremony where all the films, actors, actress’s works from the past year get announced and you would expect the same idea since we dealing with adults that have to expect that all their hard work would not turn in a fruit. Well you couldn’t be any more wrong than that after the Huffington Post article discusses that the losers get their prize, an $80,000 dollar goodie bag.
From the article this is what you get for not being nominated. Not won or lost at the real awards show. Just for not even getting a nomination.
From Huffington Post
- Wine-infused chocolates from Chicago-based Chocolatines.
- 10,000 Halo natural pet food meal donations made to the loser’s pet charity of choice.
- Hydroxycut protein shakes, bars and gummies.
- Swiss-made Slow Watches.
- Betty Jane candies.
- Acure Organics “cutting-edge” skincare products.
- Jan Lewis bracelets and silk ties.
- Cannonball wine.
- A wearable camera by Narrative Clip.
- Polar Loop activity tracker.
- Bee Free Honee organic apple honey.
- Blossom Blends “bespoke” teas.
- Mace pepper spray gun.
- Fine art from Gizara Arts.
- Jitseu Handbags.
- The LOADED book series.
- Steamist Total Sense home spa system.
- Aviv 613 luxury vodka.
- Wrag Wrap luxury sustainable gift wrap.
- Dosha Pops.
- VETVIK “The Covert” leather iPhone case.
- HISY Bluetooth camera shutter remote for Apple devices.
- Mane ‘n Tail haircare products and Conceived by Nature styling products.
- The Green Garmento Gargantote and dry cleaning bag.
- Le Petit Cirque aerial lessons.
- Epic Pet Health electrolyte therapy.
- M3K Beauty products for “exceptionally vibrant skin.”
- Acupuncture sessions with Heather Lounsbury.
- Personal training sessions at Huntley Drive Fitness.
- Rouge Maple “best maple syrup you’ve ever tasted.”
- Slimware portion-control plates.
- Coolway “no damage” Go Pro blow dryer.
- Simon’s Happy Pet Shampoo.
- Wonder Glow Organic Lipgloss from Makeup Studio by Diane Capt.
- Knit & Co. cable knit mittens.
- Krystal Klear Water whole house water filtration system.
- The O-Shot procedure by Dr. Charles Runels.
- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant System performed by Dr. William Yates.
- Max Martin luxury American-made shoes.
- Deluxe vacation packages to the Canadian Rockies, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Mexico and Japan.
After looking at the list, the after the items I would like to keep are the travel packages, booze chocolates… and that’s pretty much it. The rest I would just give it away or just chuck in the trash. But yeah this is the rich people’s version of the entitlement society right here.