Via Gawker + Other Sources
Well you’ve heard it all over the internet and already people are making memes out of it. But the stories goes that over in Russia, the meteorite labeled as 2012 DA14 streaked across the sky and exploded, causing significant damage and injuries in the 900’s. This is a serious case for those wondering what an actual disaster caused by a non-terrestrial event would be. But to be on the safe side, this is totally unrelated to the coming asteroid that is passing just today.
- Meteorite Explodes Over Russia, Panic Spreads (Updating Live) (gizmodo.com)
- Meteorite Explodes Over Russia, Crazy Footage Looks Like A Disaster Movie (kotaku.com)
- Meteorite Falls in Russia’s Chelyabinsk Region (news.softpedia.com)
- ‘I thought it was doomsday’: Meteorite shower in Russia leaves at least 500 injured (express.co.uk)
- Meteorite explosion shakes Russian region of Chelyabinsk (guardian.co.uk)
- Watch This Giant Meteorite Fly Over Russia…You Won’t Believe The Sound It Made (gizmodo.com.au)